Sunday, July 7, 2013

hard work pays off

My first official day of summer started Saturday because I finally ended all my summer classes! Congratulations to me! I finished spring semester at the beginning of May and a  week later was back at JMU for a business law class, which I got a B in, and an online class, in which I received an A. Right after those two classes finished, I started my third summer class, which I encountered too many problems with but my hard work paid off and I believe I will be getting an A in that class as well. College has definitely been on my side recently and I could not be more proud of my hard work and dedication.

Work has been going well. Today, in fact, I was ringing out a customer and asked for her email which was a collegeboard email. I asked her if she worked for the company and she said yes and so I told her I was interested in applying for an internship with them this summer but they, unfortunately, didn't offer that program this summer. I told her I was studying business management and human resource development and would definitely apply if they offered the internship program next summer. She handed me her card and I have never felt more proud. Even though it's no guarantee, it felt amazing!

Everything I've been working for is finally paying off and it feels amazing. I hope everyone can feel this way about their academics once in their life. Hard work pays off, don't ever doubt yourself.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that you got her business card! You should feel proud babe :)

    ReplyDelete