Friday, July 12, 2013

thoughtful friday

Today has been a long day, to say the least. I'm not sure even where to start, so I'm just going to ramble, I think.

At work, I encountered a jerk of a customer who thought I was new and told me to be quiet so my manager could explain that her return had to be put on a merchandise credit. Funny thing, this customer told me to be quiet because I was "probably a newcomer", but I have been working at Coach longer than the manager who was helping me with this ugly person. It really upset me, because I know what I'm doing. I deal with the same problems every day. I hope she never comes back...

There's a lot of people in my abnormally populated town that have a lot of growing up to do. I think a lot if other people realize their actions affect other people. Like do people understand they can hurt someone by doing what they may think to be a harmless act? It's not... what you do affects people. Simple as that. I wish people would think before doing. It's the simplest lesson we learn growing up, but no one actually does this. If anything, I think how my actions will affect others all the time and that's what sets me apart. I just get caught up in thinking everyone else is like this, but clearly they are not and that is something I am coming to terms with but I am not at all accepting of it.

That being said, I really am interested in going abroad and doing volunteer work. I don't know what kind of work I want to do yet. It's something I need to research to figure it all out. But I would love to travel and help others. Maybe between a break from school or a few weeks one summer. I'll let you know once I research further... :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey beautiful, chin up don't let what strangers say hurt your feelings. You should know you're worth more than that!

    ReplyDelete