Monday, July 15, 2013

you are not your past

So, I have spent a lot of time thinking about my past and my future. I just finished reading John Green's An Abundance of Katherines, which helped me come to terms with the future. The story line is about getting dumped and finishing the Theorem to determine who will be dumped and who will the dumper in future relationships. It was a good book, I highly suggest it... especially if you've been a dumpee. I have not so much been a dumpee, but more of a dumper. Whatever, that's besides the point. Now you all know I'm a heartbreaker... watch out ;)

Anyways, I realized you cannot predict your future and honestly, that couldn't be more relieving to know. I've always had this notion that I needed to know exactly what I was going to do with my life and what everyone else was going to do with theirs. I pushed a lot of people away due to this... because  I need concrete answers. But dealing with the future, you don't get that and that still freaks me out a little, but I'm more accepting of it now. It'll be an exciting adventure for me, and I'm going to take each day as it comes.

Also, I haven't been doing so well with seeing the positive in anything. But today marks the day where changes will be made. I am not ashamed to have to set reminders to take a breath and let all the negativity out.. because if that's what it takes to become a happier me, then that is exactly what I will do. It will take time and I will need help through this, but I know that I can do it and I am extremely proud of myself for realizing I can make changes to lead a happier and more fulfilled life. I wish you all the same.

"You are not your past,
 but only your future."

No comments:

Post a Comment