Wednesday, August 14, 2013

unwinding

After many long days, I am unwinding with a new book, a perfectly scented candle, an open window brining in cool summer air, and a clear mind.

It is so easy to get caught up in drama and gossip that is so unnecessary but relevant at the time. Nights like these allow me to catch up with myself and my thoughts. In a week I'll be back at my home away from home, starting a new semester with new classes and new people. I am most excited about starting three of my minor classes, which will be in person... finally! I'm also excited to go through my first recruitment as a sorority girl as opposed to a PNM. It's definitely something to look forward to... lots of excitement as well as other emotions! I am also looking forward to getting back to the gym once I get back to school. I went on a run tonight and it felt good but I also could have done better... but that's what I get for taking a month off (due to pure laziness, I'm ashamed). Needless to say, my body will be getting the brunt of it all once I get back! Of course, I will update you with that news when the time comes and the only thing I am able to do is lay in bed and mess around on my computer and enjoy multiple good books. And as I leave you with an open mind for myself, I'll share a favorite quote of mine:

"Have a mind that is open to everything, and attached to nothing."



Currently reading: 

Love the One You're With
by Emily Giffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment