Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 22, 2013

I had a good day to say the least. Nothing extraordinary happened, it was just a good day. As I was driving home from work I felt completely happy. It's one of those rare occasions where everything just fades out and a great song is playing and you think "wow, I'm really happy". I mean I was thinking about something but it made me realize how content I am with my life in an honest-to-God good way.

I kept thinking how I know so many people who are afraid to be alone. People that are constantly in relationships and when one ends, another one starts. And it makes absolutely no sense to me and I know those people will never truly be happy. Relationships end for a reason, but in no way does that mean you should throw yourself into a new one. The problem may not always be the other person, but it may actually be you. You can't be satisfied or happy in a relationship because you aren't happy with where you are and who you are and how is that fair to yourself? I thought I couldn't be happy by myself at one point in my life, but after being alone for a couple years I've learned so much about myself and have grown as my own person. I'm not my best self, but I'm definitely getting there.

I may not have someone to say "I love you" to every night and good morning to every morning, but I have a life full of people who love me and care for me and that want the best for me. I am beyond satisfied with where I have come with my life. I wish a lot of the people I know who I can tell aren't happy with themselves would only figure this out. But a girl can only dream. And I've got big dreams to chase.

xx,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment