Sunday, November 3, 2013

November 3, 2013

Happy November! Wishing you all a wonderful month full of fall festivities and lots of pumpkin flavored everything!

It's safe to say October ended well with a fun Halloween/Homecoming weekend here at JMU. I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen recently which is always nice. As much as I dislike high school, it's comforting to see familiar faces wherever you go.

Anyways, it's crazy to think how quickly this semester has flown by. It literally feels like we all just got here and now we only have a month left in the semester and the holidays are right around the corner. However, to say the least, I'm excited to go home for the holidays, it'll be nice to get a break from all the craziness of being at school. I've been thinking a lot about certain people and it scares to me to see how quickly friends give up on other friends and to be honest, I feel like I've been given  up on by a lot of people that I was really close with last year. I guess it just goes to show who you can really count on and who's just around to kill time.

There's also many friendships that maybe I gave up on more than others, but after this weekend, my eyes have been opened and I am definitely going to try to gain those back.

On a happier note, I spoke to my mom about going abroad. My biggest regret in the past year was not applying to take COB 300 abroad in Antwerp. But I've decided I'm going to test my luck and talk to the coordinator of the program and see if there are possibly any open spots and if I can sneak my way in! My fingers are crossed, but I know it probably won't happen since it's so late in the semester. But here's to trying. The best advice my mom gave me was to travel anywhere I get the chance and know that I can always come home and that broke my heart in the most perfect of ways. I love home and my family and I am so glad they push me to go beyond my comfort zone, but are always there for me in the end.

I hope y'all have a great week and month and know that home is definitely where the heart is.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment