Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 12, 2013

Holy crap! The only thing that has been on my mind for the past week is how quickly time flies. I know everyone says that all the time, but I swear this year (starting from last Thanksgiving) has been the fastest year of my life.

Looking back on where I was last year at this time, I could not be happier with where I am. Last year at this time I was finally coming to terms with being in a sorority and being part of such a great and amazing organization on campus and Greek life in general - it has been just as rewarding as I could have imagined and I have been blessed with truly amazing friends.

I also thought that by this time this year I would have been in the business school, but things don't always play out as planned (still haven't come to terms with being denied classes). So I have rolled easily with the punches as I come close to finishing my minor and general education courses. I have one left of each! I was also going home every other weekend to work, and I now have an on campus job that I absolutely enjoy.

Anyways, it is so crazy to look back on an entire year and realize how much has changed around you and how much you have changed yourself. Last time this year, I was trying to reignite a flame with a past boyfriend that should have been avoided at all costs. I had never felt so used and taken advantage of before in my life, and he was the last person I thought could ever make me feel like that. I spent the holiday's with him, all of which was enjoyable and nostalgic during the time. After spending the New Year with him, it quickly spiraled downhill. I stopped eating and started sleeping as often as I possibly could. I reached an all time low for my weight and looking back now, it's scary to think that one person could have that affect on me. I started focusing on school and school only and blocked out a lot of other relationships at the time. It took a while, but I am finally back to who I was before, but much stronger and confident.

I am so excited to see what the holiday's have to offer this year and I cannot wait to be back home spending time with family and old friends. I am so thankful, every day, for my mom ,who has inspired me to strive for everything I want and has taught me that nothing is out of reach. I am also thankful for my sister who encourages me to be myself, even if she isn't aware of it. She's taught me so much and I think the most powerful thing is to not worry about what others think. I am so excited to be able to spend an entire week with these two ladies (and my father) during Thanksgiving break and then a whole month for Winter break!

Thanks to all who listen to me rant.

xx,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment