Sunday, June 25, 2017

June 25, 2017

So today marks 6 months until Christmas. Wow, time flies! I've been in my new home and new full-time role for almost 6 months as well and I can't believe how fast it happened. The weeks fly by and the weekends end in a blink of the eye. Looking back at the last 6 months of my life, I realize how routine it is not. I miss routine, but I have a hard time finding it. I am constantly back and forth between West Virginia, my new home, and Virginia, where my family and my heart is. I just counted and I've spent a total of 11 weekends here in WV. The rest, which is 13, have been spent between home, Pittsburgh, Morgantown, and Louisville. While I am loving the travel, I am aching for something more. I need places and adventures outside of my comfort zone. I am constantly needing new things, new scenes.

So, if I put this in writing, I hope I am more likely to do it. One of my oldest friends is in Italy until October, or somewhere around there. I am planning to visit him, but realize I will have to keep myself occupied while he is at work. In a city I've never been to... in a country I've never been to. If anyone else reading this wants to make a trip out of it, let me know. Otherwise, I can only hope my Italian Prince Charming will find me as I eat endless amounts of gelato and pizza.

In my 6 months at my new job, I haven't taken a vacation day yet. I keep telling myself I need to save them should I do anything... should anyone want to plan a trip with me. I now realize that probably won't happen. People have their own, busy lives and I can't keep waiting on them. And that's exactly what I've been doing. I've been waiting to start the life I want because of other people. I've been saving up vacation days for vacations that probably won't happen. It's now or never, "they" say. So, for all my friends that have moved out of the beautiful state there is (Virginia), expect a visit from me. Because you are an avenue for me to explore new things and I can only hope you will allow me a visit to explore your new home with you.

And to my two very close friends in the process of moving, may you find the adventure in yourself as you make this big move in your lives. I hope it creates a passion and desire in you to get out and explore, to try and see new things, to live with eyes and heart wide open.

Last year's adventures included:
Denver/Boulder, CO
Asheville, NC
Charlotte, NC
Dallas/Waco/Austin, TX
Philadelphia, PA
Fredericksburg, VA
Charleston, SC

Adventures this year include:
Pittsburgh, PA
Louisville, KY
Morgantown, WV (yes, I'm counting this because it's an adventure with Mary always)
Los Angeles, CA (in planning)
Italy (in planning)
Boston, MA (in planning)
Chicago, IL (in planning)

Anyone who wants to explore somewhere else for a weekend or so, let's plan it!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment