Thursday, July 4, 2013

Wherever I will go...

Well, July 4th is over, but boy what a day it was. I woke up early and sat in the living room with my sister while enjoying an almost perfect cup of coffee. My sister went off to work and I did a little shopping. I got an extremely cute top and a pair of shorts for a pretty inexpensive price. After, I came home to help my mom make deviled eggs - a first time for both of us. I made them for the Potluck we had at work today, and everyone loved them!

Speaking of work, I had a great time today. I was in high spirits and enjoyed working with everyone on such a beautiful day. The day easily came to an end when the mall died down as I'm sure everyone attended and hosted cookouts and watched fireworks. I, unfortunately, did not get to see any fireworks this year but that's ok!

There's a lot more on my mind than work, however. It's one of those days where you miss how things used to be. That happens a lot recently. I miss a lot of things and I haven't quite figured out why. I think I'm missing something that I never had, though, which makes it even more difficult. It is extremely frustrating and I wish I could pull myself out of it, but I can't seem to right now and you know what? I think, for now, that's ok. Everything takes time and whatever it is that's provoking this emptiness is going to take time. I know, for fact, I miss a lot of people that were a huge part of my life only a couple years ago. But, I have learned, that people grow and people change - all at different rates. I think I have grown a lot more than the people I am missing and I only hope that one day they can catch up. I have come to accept and understand that I am where I am right now because of the choices I have made and because, honestly, it is where I need to be at this point in my life.

"How do you know when it's over?" "Maybe when you feel more in love with the memories than with the person standing in front of you."

This is literally so perfect and relative to my life right now, so it's something I can find comfort in. I hope you can find comfort in little words with a deeper meaning. I hope your memories are just as beautiful as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment