Tuesday, September 24, 2013

learning to let go

Last semester, Spring 2013, carried many negative days and I was in a position I wasn't very proud of. I let things bother me and bring me down that ultimately shouldn't have made me feel as low as I had ever felt. In the summer, I worked a lot to take my mind off of these certain things but in my hometown where everyone knows everyone else and their secrets, it was an extremely hard thing to do.

Coming back down to school, I have learned to let go of the things that weigh me down and focus on the aspects of my life that lift me up. As of now, it's a slow process but I'm getting there. I only hope for everyone, you can take your bad days and make them good. I wish you the ability to not only put a smile on other's faces, but on your own as well. It's challenging sometimes to find the good in a day that feels like Hell, but it's there - it always has been and it always will be. Don't let the little things of one day affect your entire mood for the rest of the day.

I know it seems impossible to do, and it's easier said than done. But, it can be done.

It's late and I can't sleep. I won't ramble on, but leave you with this:


An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.
— Goi Nasu

No comments:

Post a Comment