Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 19, 2013

So, there comes a time in your life when you start to realize who deserves to be in your life. And I am not quite fond of all the quotes that say something along the lines of "the people who deserve to be in your life will make an effort" or "let people find you" because then eventually everyone's waiting.

Friendship is a two way street. You shouldn't have to fight to be someone's friend, and I have learned this all too well in the past year. I am tired of having to try to prove myself to people. You get decide who is in your life... and while they're some people you want to be in your life, eventually you have to let them go as much as you don't want to. And I'm about to let go of a friendship of ten years because it's not worth my time and wasted effort anymore. I've fought for a year to keep a great friend in my life... and not once has it been reciprocated. It's taken me a year to figure this all out, but I have finally come to terms that if anyone wanted to be in my life as much as I want them in mine, they'll show it. Actions speak louder than words, always.

There comes a time when you grow up and move on from what you can't change. If you're holding on to things that you can't change, then you're holding on to the wrong things. I am trying my best to find the things that are worth holding on to that don't reject what I have to offer. It's time to find those people that want to be in my life and that want me in theirs. So, this is goodbye to a few good friends - you all have taught me more than I could have ever asked for. I will always cherish the memories we shared, whether they be good or bad, but it's time to let go of the things that don't push me forward, but hold me back.

The next year is looking up.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment